- Watch for useful links at the bottom of Voyager pages.
- Use multiple windows: During heavy advising periods open one browser window for the class schedule and schedule search, then open a second window for your Voyager session. Switch between windows as needed.
- Set the expectations of the students by telling them when you will have an approval recorded. Students can register in Voyager at night and on the weekends during registration periods. You can easily allow several days for doing approvals and the students will still have plenty of time to add your class.
- Limited Enrollment Classes: Printed class and waiting lists and instructions for handling a waiting list will be delivered to your campus mailbox before the first class meeting of the term. To record approval for a student to register for the class use the 'Give Approval to Register for Your Classes Only' page in Voyager. The approval code used by the system is dependent on whether the term has begun. The code that overrides the capacity of the course will be used only on or after the first day of classes of the term. PLEASE be sure to remind your students they must use Voyager to register for your class after your approval is recorded.
- Viewing the class schedule: During heavy advising periods, open a window in your browser and navigate to the class schedule. Leave the window open so you can move back and forth easily. The schedule search funtion is a useful tool for collecting lists of classes by categories other than subject (intro, speakinig-intensive, etc.).
- Course descriptions: These are maintained in Banner and can be viewed by clicking on the title in any schedule display.
- Releasing Advising Holds
- Giving Approval to Register
Revised January 2013